For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven was established in 1956. Today, Raven is publicly traded on NASDAQ (RAVN) and has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four Dimensions of Competition are the foundation on which we separate our company from our competition. Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance are woven into how we do business, shaping Raven’s culture and setting us apart. These are not initiatives that come and go; they are enduring values — and a testament to our commitment to continual improvement.
The HRIS & Compensation Specialist will be responsible for providing vision, leadership, development, administration and management in the areas of compensation and HRIS while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs.
• Provide technical expertise in the areas of Compensation, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and data analysis.
• Plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices.
• Provides advice to leadership staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation.
• Serve as an interface between internal/external customers and the functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRIS applications.
• Plan, budget and forecast Compensation and HRIS needs and applications.
• Update and maintain HRIS data to include personnel actions and related system errors, position data, job descriptions, salary schedules, and other related data to ensure information is accurate and in compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
• Partner with appropriate departments to manage the delivery and utilization of the company’s HRIS resources including system and business requirements, the design and implementation of HRIS solutions, oversight of HRIS best practices.
• Implement and manage the analysis of HR data and metrics to provide relevant information and predictive analytics to HR and leadership in support of business objectives.
• Manage the HRIS day-to-day activities to support the HR, payroll and other interrelated functions.
• Review, analyze and implement mandatory and optional HRIS upgrades, as deemed appropriate.
• Review impending business issues that will have a direct impact on the HRIS and provide HR leadership with an assessment of the HRIS impact, scheduling considerations and other information required for a complete business case.
• Accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of HRIS services to users throughout the organization.
• Design and administer program goals and objectives in all areas of compensation to include developing appropriate career paths, salary administration tools, and merit and award policies and procedures.
• Work with appropriate departments to manage all areas of compensation (executive, exempt, non-exempt) programs, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions.
• Keep apprised of federal, state, local and international compensation laws and regulations to ensure Company compliance.
• Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures; recommend plan revisions as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and organizational objectives.
• Manage the participation in salary surveys to ensure compensation objectives are achieved.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field.
• 5+ years experience in field of HRIS and/or Compensation.
• Technical knowledge and expertise in compensation and HRIS.
• Ability to tactfully and effectively communicate at all levels.
• Assure all responsibilities are carried out with a strong focus on inclusion and equity.
• Ability to achieve consensus among competing interests and fosters a collaborative approach to problem solving.
• Exercises logic and reasoning to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; makes decisions that support business objectives and goals.
• Strong business and expert technical acumen using a data-driven approach.
• Strong strategic orientation; capacity to engage in broad, complex analytical and conceptual thinking.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability