Raven Aerostar is the world leader in Stratospheric Lighter-Than-Air Aerospace technology. We are working on a number of exciting projects and are looking for extraordinary talent to join our team. Our company is committed to solving great challenges through rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology.
The Engineering Team lead will oversee technical research, development, and sustainment of instrument system capabilities, including radar system, embedded and computer software, algorithm, and user interface and backend software. Oversee engineering assignments for all product development and product support functions that are assigned to the team.
• Provide technical leadership and direction to a team of engineers in the research, development, and maintenance of the radar systems.
• Interface with systems engineering and stratospheric balloon team to identify and collaborate on common designs and engineering processes.
• Provide engineering support to business development to assist with qualification, cultivation, and capture of radar opportunities.
• Support the responsibilities of the team by participating in hands-on engineering and development activities.
• Mentor new engineers on the team.
• Contribute to architecture of the overall system.
• Monitor the demand for engineering services, and participate in planning processes to ensure adequate resources.
• Coordinate the development of key engineering deliverables.
• Ensure accuracy and consistency of engineering documentation.
• Promote and maintain the highest possible environment of teamwork and collaboration.
• Encourage team member growth and development.
• Administer team member performance reviews, goal setting, and participate in salary planning.
• Ensure adherence to department budgets.
• Work with project managers to assure accurate and timely completion of projects.
• 10-25% travel is expected.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field.
• Minimum 7 years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience leading teams effectively.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Demonstrated leadership skills of a technical team.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to succeed.
• High level of patience and service. Ability to motivate team members.
• Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and creatively look for solutions.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• U.S. citizenship required.
• Top Secret security clearance highly desired.
Aerostar Technical Solutions
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability