Raven Aerostar is the world leader in Stratospheric Lighter-Than-Air Aerospace technology. We are working on a number of exciting projects and are looking for extraordinary talent to join our team. Our company is committed to solving great challenges through rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology.
We are currently seeking a Engineering Tech II to assist engineering by designing, testing, fabricating, and/or troubleshooting a process, system, assembly, or product. Experience with radar and radar systems is needed.
• Assist engineering and coordinate with internal teams on a variety of products and processes, including: engineering specifications, drawings, models, manuals, processes, or bill of materials.
• Lead assigned projects, with limited engineering assistance from the concept stage throughout production, and make modifications as necessary.
• Assemble and document prototype and custom one of a kind electrical and mechanical assemblies.
• Research, investigate, and select technical data pertinent to the assigned project.
• Work with internal teams and external sources to obtain and communicate data relative to engineering requirements.
• May be involved in the bid process.
• Write test plans, conduct tests, and document results.
• Prepare and present technical reports and recommendations on projects.
• Participate in department improvement activities.
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in field related to specific position is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Knowledge in wiring and electronics assembly techniques.
• Basic problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
• Ability to read drawings and work instructions, and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability