Be a part of something bigger and join our dedicated team on a mission to protect earth’s natural resources in the Raven Engineered Films division. An important aspect of our business is producing engineered plastic film and sheeting that provides critical protection of environmental resources through containment linings and coverings serving the energy, agriculture, construction, environmental, and industrial markets. Grow your skills and excel for advancement in our modern 330,000 square foot facility containing state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment including blown film & sheeting, lamination/coating, and conversion capabilities in addition to an impressive accredited testing and development facility.
Fabrication, assembly, rigging and set-up of equipment either designed in-house or purchased from an OEM. Skill set requires: welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication, and minor industrial-control wiring.
• May perform some troubleshooting and repair on machines.
• Minor design or modification on equipment, jigs, fixtures, and tooling.
• Assist with installation of new machines and equipment.
• Maintains appropriate documentation on machines and equipment.
• Order parts through internal procedures, or external sources.
• May train team members on operation of machines.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions.
• Participate in production improvement initiatives.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• Perform troubleshooting to look for areas of opportunity, as well as production issues.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• Leads projects from start to finish with limited guidance.
* For positions involving new machines and equipment:
• Coordinate and oversee tasks of contractors.
• Fabricate and assemble machine components.
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in field related to specific position is preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication, and minor industrial-control wiring.
• Ability to use various hand tools and test equipment.
• Ability to read schematics and interpret equipment manuals.
• Basic math skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Basic understanding of construction and rigging techniques.
• Experience with welding, metal saws, drill presses, mills, and lathes.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
Sioux Falls, SD
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability