For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven was established in 1956. Today, Raven is publicly traded on NASDAQ (RAVN) and has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four Dimensions of Competition are the foundation on which we separate our company from our competition. Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance are woven into how we do business, shaping Raven’s culture and setting us apart. These are not initiatives that come and go; they are enduring values — and a testament to our commitment to continual improvement.
The Sales Engineer identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand product requirements.
• Serve as a liaison between internal teams and customer teams in regards to product design, development, and function. Ensure that appropriate direction and focus is provided to customer.
• Identify new product and product enhancement opportunities.
• Responsible for new business development activities in an in assigned territory, account, or market.
• Develop and execute strategies designed to grow sales.
• Develop project and product specifications. Ensure project and product performance meets customer standards and requirements.
• Keep Raven informed of competitive and market trends.
• Stay current on relevant technology trends.
• Participate in industry events such as trade shows, conferences, and other travel as required.
• Prepare various documents and reports as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
• 3+ years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Technical aptitude in area of support – i.e. electrical, mechanical, agriculture, etc.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships that establish trust and create value.
• Sharp perception of verbal and non-verbal communication skills, providing enhancement of sales abilities.
• Ability to communicate in clear and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to learn product line, production capabilities, related markets as well as a diverse range of future opportunities.
• Sharp professional presentation skills.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time both domestic and internationally.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability