We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Montreal location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Server Administrator, IT Operations. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute is looking for a Server Administrator for a growing environment. The incumbent will work with the Server Support team to design, install, administer and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise and works autonomously;
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server security;
- Serve as the cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide timely response to customer escalations;
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches;
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports;
- Create shell scripts as required;
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure;
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments;
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance;
- Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation;
- Providing 24/7 On-Call support.
Reporting to the Server Team Lead, you will be part of a vibrant, enthusiastic team.
- At least five years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing server environments;
- Strong Active Directory knowledge relating to structure and troubleshooting including DNS, Sites & Services, Replication, Security, LDAP protocol, User management;
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2003 or above, Citrix, NPS, SharePoint, PowerShell
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining all manners of servers;
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools;
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and other network protocols and operating system configuration;
- Working technical knowledge of scripting code using Batch, PowerShell and common scripting tools;
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS.
- Your assets:
- Knowledge of load balancing and clustering;
- Knowledge of ITIL, Service Now
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail;
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities;
- Able to prioritize & execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required;
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal-opportunity employer
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.