We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Electrical and Control Supervisor. This job is permanent, full-time.
The Electrical and Control Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible to provide supervision and direction to mill maintenance personnel and external maintenance contractors to work in a safe and productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production and maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime.
Your primary Responsibilities will include the following:
- Working closely with operating and maintenance personnel, the Electrical and Control Maintenance Supervisor will plan, schedule and supervise maintenance and capital work, and participate in the development and implementation of programs to ensure equipment availability meets or exceeds established maintenance related targets.
- You will participate in the development of the capital and maintenance budgets to establish and ensure objectives are achieved.
- You are required to ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations with respect to the health and safety of the maintenance crews.
Reporting to the Electrical and Control Superintendent, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Electrical Engineering degree or diploma or red seal trade required, coupled with at least 2 years of experience supervising unionized trades within an industrialized manufacturing setting.
Your skills and assets:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment
- Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Proficient analytical skills required as well as a strong background in MS Office, MS Project. Previous experience with SAP would be an asset.
- The ideal candidate will possess the drive and passion to continuously improve upon the health and safety, efficiency, production, planning and manufacturing cost and maintenance cost targets for the site.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.