Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Montréal location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Paralegal. This job is permanent, full-time. The preferred starting date would be 06/26/2017.
You main responsibility will be to maintain the corporate records of the subsidiaries in the Resolute Forest Products group.
Your tasks will include the following:
- Prepare annual resolutions as well as all other resolutions and minutes as required
- Maintain minute books
- Maintain the electronic register of the entities in the Resolute group (EnAct)
- Maintain the organizational chart of the entities in the Resolute group (Visio)
- Maintain corporate inventories (authorized signatories, delegations of signature, register of directors and officers, list of relevant jurisdictions in Canada and the United States, summary description of entities)
- Prepare annual reports for filing with the relevant authorities and ensure that tasks delegated to agents and suppliers of services are carried out
- Provide corporate support for day-to-day business, corporate reorganizations and internal operations; prepare and review resolutions, certificates, attestations and corporate documents; obtain documents from embassies, as required; and act as commissioner of oaths
- Provide transactional support as required (for example, due diligence, « data room») and processing of claims related to bankruptcy and insolvency
- Maintain the portfolio of registrations of trademarks, business names, copyrights and other intellectual property
- Maintain the in-house claims register under bankruptcy and insolvency legislation
- Perform land registry and PPSA/RDPRM searches
- Manage and safeguard the history of entities
- Keep track of costs related to registration and agency fees
- DCS in paralegal technology, bachelor’s degree or certificate in law
- Five to 10 years of relevant experience with a law firm or a large corporation
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in both official languages Ability to work independently, attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the EnAct and Visio softwares is an asset
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 manufacturing facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.