Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Kraft Production Manager. This job is permanent, full-time. The preferred starting date would be 06/26/2017.
Kraft Production Manager – Thunder Bay Mill Operations
We are seeking a results driven individual to join our Thunder Bay Operations team.
Located on the shores of Lake Superior, Thunder Bay is a four season outdoor paradise and is the region’s commercial, administrative, medical and transportation hub, providing the amenities of an urban center while opening the gateway to outdoor adventure in Northwestern Ontario.
Your challenge is to support the continuous high-performance execution of a kraft pulp mill, and to do so efficiently, but most importantly, safely.
Your primary responsibilities:
Together with your team, you will be expected:
· to lead your team in performing all of their tasks consistent with Resolute’s best-in-class safety program;
· to plan, coordinate and allocate resources to support the execution of the site’s overall day-to-day production program;
· to champion and to sustain best practices;
You will also be responsible:
· to develop and grow the members of your team to ensure the sustainability of our work force, and to help them set priorities and determine objectives in accordance with the mill’s priorities; and,
· to maintain a positive, active and open dialogue with unions, employees and contractors to promote safe work practices, sustainable maintenance best practices and reliability, and high productivity.
Reporting to the kraft and utilities manager, you will join an energetic, driven and results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to take charge and strive to improve every day. In turn, you will manage an experienced group of industry professionals, whom you will lead to achieve our shared objectives.
· You should have an engineering (or comparable) degree, with at least 5 years of management experience within a unionized industrial environment. An MBA would be an asset.
· You must have previous pulp and paper experience.
· Proficient analytical skills are essential, as well as a strong background in MS Office and experience with a computerized maintenance management system is crucial. SAP experience is an asset.
Your skills and assets:
· You are a strong, proven and trusted leader with a drive to surpass expectations, whose decision-making is based on sound analytical preparation. You are an excellent team worker, skilled at driving change in a spirit of continuous improvement.
· You have superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in collaboration with your team, your peers and colleagues from other members of the Resolute family.
· You manage with rigor: you ably balance competing priorities; you delegate effectively; you set objectives consistent with the mill’s goals; and you measure progress.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Be part of the change
Resolute Forest Products is a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help grow your skills. With a diverse range of paper, pulp and wood products sold in close to 90 countries, Resolute owns or operates over 40 pulp and paper mills and wood products facilities in Canada and the United States. We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and be an environmental supplier of choice. Come help us write our story; be part of the change.
To apply for this position go to: http://www.resolutefp.com/Careers/
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 manufacturing facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.