We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Woodlands operation is looking for summer students in a college or University Forestry program. We have openings based in Thunder Bay, Atikokan, or Ignace, Ontario. The preferred starting date would be May 1, 2018.
Job Description: Reporting to the Area Superintendent. Assist with operational planning and monitoring of wood harvest, road construction and road maintenance. Assists in the coordination of a safe, efficient, cost effective, environmentally compliant and sustainable Woodlands operation that delivers quality production and operational planning for the Forest.
- Assist wherever possible to ensure that the highest Safety standards are met or exceeded throughout the operation.
- Work cooperatively with all staff and harvest and road construction contractors to maximize operational efficiency and minimize cost
- Work collaboratively with contract foresters and planning forester to ensure AWS information is obtained in order to prepare the AWS submission.
- Work with contract foresters to determine any necessary FMP amendment and/or AWS revisions to sustain operations on the units
- Assist the team in monitoring compliance with all governmental and internal standards relative to safety, environment and utilization.
- Help to monitor and improve Forest Operations Inspection Reports as submitted by inspectors for harvest, access and water crossings on the forests
- Assist in monitoring product quality (tree length,roundwood, chips & hog) to ensure customer needs are met.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.