Senior Manager, Total Rewards
Location of Position: Mississauga
The Senior Manager, Total Rewards will report to the Vice President, Human Resources.
Position: Senior Manager, Total Rewards
Location: Mississauga, ON
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the heart of Ontario’s power system - ensuring there is enough power to meet Ontario’s power needs in real time, while also planning and securing energy for the future.
The IESO is a mission driven organization that seeks to attract, retain and develop a highly skilled and professional workforce. The current IESO workforce is comprised of approximately 850 employees in offices in downtown Toronto, Mississauga, and Oakville.
Powering the province requires top notch talented professionals such as engineers, analysts, project managers, communications specialists, IT experts, market operators, and more. Attracting and retaining our talent requires strong programs that provide rewards, recognition, compensation and inspiration.
An upcoming retirement has created the need for an experienced leader to step in as a Senior Manager to focus on the Total Rewards strategy, design, programs and processes. The individual in this role will be an important member of the Human Resources leadership team who strives to be recognized as valued partners in achieving an agile and high performing workforce. This leader will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and will be responsible for:
- Designing and leading Total Rewards strategies and programs (including compensation, benefits, pension, health management, job evaluation, recognition and wellness) that align with business objectives and support business success
- Providing leadership in planning, designing, developing, recommending and implementing programs and initiatives to enable attracting and retaining a high-performing, agile, diverse and inclusive workforce
- Ensuring programs and offerings are market competitive to help attract, retain, and reward employees, within the framework of a Public Sector, unionized environment
- Leading, coaching, managing and developing the Total Rewards team to deliver and implement strategies, initiatives, programs and processes. This includes developing the appropriate salary infrastructure and leveling for the organization, salary administration, executive compensation, benefit plans, pension, job evaluation, and recognition programs, as well as development of HR policies
- Leading the HRIS team to optimize HR systems and the development of metrics in support of current and future HR system needs and oversees the HRIS function
- Providing counsel to HR colleagues and IESO senior leaders regarding Total Rewards solutions and issues
- Developing communications and presenting to Board Committees
- Participating member of the Pension Management Committee
Desirable Experience and Knowledge:
- University or post graduate degree in business management, finance, accounting, human resources or equivalent required.
- CCP and CHRL designations preferred.
- Must have a successful track record of leading the total rewards function, including HR Technology
- Experience with Success Factors is considered an asset
- 10+ years of pension, benefits and compensation related experience with a minimum of 5 years of leadership and executive compensation experience
- Experience with managing compensation, benefits, job evaluation, and defined pension plans in a unionized public sector environment is considered a significant asset
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain, influence, listen, instruct, give clear feedback, and ask insightful questions
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to translate technical analysis into executive presentations
- Innovative thinking and problem solver
- Strong people leader, influencer and communicator at all levels of the organization up through and including the CEO, Executive Team members, and the Board of Directors
- Leadership skills balanced with readiness to play a hands-on role
- Ability to think strategically, and objectively and experience developing and implementing organization wide projects and change initiatives
If this sounds like the next chapter of your career and you would like to learn more, please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter.
Laura Machan Natasha Hodelin
Partner Recruitment Consultant
What the IESO Offers:
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle
- A challenging fast-paced team environment
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry
Deadline for submitting your application is Month/Day/Year at 11:59 PM EST
While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note the successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.