Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in New York , United States .
Maker's Mark Diplomat - NYC
Are you passionate about bourbon?
Dynamic and personable (yet humble and approachable)?
Only satisfied with excellence in all things?
Maybe just a wee bit competitive?
Have we got a job for you!
Maker’s Mark, America’s premium handmade bourbon, continues its uninterrupted 60-year growth trajectory. And we are looking for someone special to serve as our Brand Diplomat in the New York City area.
The story of Maker’s Mark began when our founder, Bill Samuels, Sr., resolved to create a full-flavored yet easy-to-drink bourbon that he’d enjoy sharing with friends. And ever since then, we’ve been doing just that, even as our friends number in the millions and our audience has grown from the Commonwealth of Kentucky to the entire world. We call it “hand selling” and it’s always been core to the intensely personal relationship our fans have with Maker’s Mark.
This is a great opportunity because...
That’s where you come in.
Our Diplomats are the face of the brand to key influencers and interested consumers. They’re storytellers, guardians, and educators about all the things that make our whisky so special.
As a Maker’s Mark Diplomat you’ll be responsible for bringing the magic of Maker’s Mark (and our national historic landmark distillery) to life in the market.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A strong sense of the bar & restaurant industry and knowledge of the three tier system
- Professional individual with at least 5 years’ experience in related field with a strong hospitality and/or sales background, 3+ years of experience within the alcohol industry preferred
- Excellent spirits knowledge and a good knowledge of the wine and beer markets
- Genuine passion for Whisk(e)y, with extensive bourbon knowledge
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Able to work collaboratively
- Experience in budget management
- Self-starter with competitive drive
- Time management and analytical capabilities
- Travel approx. ~50% of time (contingent on market)
- Strong sense of urgency, adventure and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possess strong public speaking and presentation skills
[Not translated in selected language]
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.