Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of art and science. Dolby technologies and innovations power these user experiences by connecting end-to-end ecosystems, from the artistic creative process, through distribution, all the way to endpoint playback. These ecosystems include premium Dolby Cinemas, gaming systems, home theaters, mobile devices, and pretty much everything in between. Come explore our laboratories, and discover the next wave of disruptive innovation.
Dolby’s Games Group is working on a brand-new initiative that brings a new consumer-facing product, using new technology, to a new market. Over the next year, we’ll be taking our existing prototypes and turning them into a fully-featured product. It’s an exciting time, and we’d like your help.
You’ll be joining the design function of a growing, tight-knit, cross-functional, autonomous team that’s responsible for making this product a success. You’ll make valuable contributions in all aspects of the product’s design, but your focus will be on the user interface and its visual design. You’ll collaborate with other designers to take findings from research and create interaction flows that help users achieve their goals. Working with partners from marketing, you’ll marry together Dolby’s elegant design language with your own creativity to build a product that is as beautiful to see as it is to use. Together, we’ll bring your wireframes and prototypes to life and test them with real users.
This is a chance for you to have a significant impact on a high-visibility project while growing your expertise as a leading UI designer. If this sounds interesting, write and tell us in a few words about how you can help us be successful, and how we’ll help you grow your career.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders to create product UIs that help users achieve their goals.
- Create deliverables to communicate your designs: wireframes, functional specifications, site maps, user journeys, flows, personas, visual comps, prototypes, production assets etc.
- Work with marketing and branding to create a visual design that embraces and extends Dolby’s style.
- Assist with other design activities as needed (research, testing, copywriting, strategy, operations, etc.)
Show us that...
- You have a few years experience crafting aesthetically-pleasing, easy-to-use user interfaces.
- You have a clear understanding of layout, colour, typography, and motion design.
- You have a clear understanding of when and how to use standard user-centered design methodologies such as user research, uncovering user journeys, building personas, information design, wireframe development, user testing, design iteration, visual design, documentation and asset production.
- You can think through user problems, find appropriate solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- You can enthusiastically defend your designs with everyone from developers to senior executives, and can incorporate feedback that improves your work.
- You aspire to excellence, but you understand that “real artists ship”. You know what level of detail is right for any situation.
- You have 5 years experience shipping consumer-facing applications for mobile, desktop, or TV as part of an agile/lean team.
- You thrive in ambiguity and make progress when faced with uncertainty.
- You love to learn and you’re keen to grow as a designer.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.