Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The successful candidate will be an experienced intellectual property professional responsible for the development of new bilateral patent licensing programs and for collaboration with other companies in the formation of new patent pools or joint licensing programs. He or she must be business oriented with a strong financial background and have experience negotiating patent license agreements. He or she preferably will have experience with patent pools or joint licensing programs.
This position reports into the VP, IP and Standards in our San Francisco Office.
- Identify opportunities for new patent licensing programs.
- Develop patent licensing strategies, royalty structures and financial models.
- Collaborate with internal patent prosecution teams to prepare claim charts and licensing presentation materials.
- Identify external patent acquisition opportunities.
- Engage other licensors for the development of new patent licensing programs, negotiate program terms and oversee new programs.
- Collaborate with internal litigation team to develop and support enforcement actions.
- Collaborate with internal technical, legal and business stakeholders.
- Lead negotiations for new programs.
Skills and Education
- 5+ years of experience as an intellectual property professional
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self-initiative and ability to work with minimum of direction to meet deadlines
- Superior organization and project management skill
- Must demonstrate trust and credibility
- Ability to collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with standards bodies and patent pools
- Juris Doctor degree with outstanding academic credentials
- An EE degree and/or admission to the USPTO bar
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.