Entertaining is our Passion!
Whether you’re plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 12, chances are you’ve played an EA game. And if you haven’t, well, what are you waiting for? In an industry that’s changing every day—whether it’s through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization—EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us; we invite you to get to know us better.
EA’s Mobile Platform team has a need for Quality Engineers in Redwood City, California to help launch a new and formalized platform for automation across our core technology. Our platform powers online features in EA’s iOS and Android game titles serving millions of users each day. The Quality Engineer helps architect and implement a suite of cohesive tools that enables us to deploy our mobile platform fast with high quality to EA game studios across the globe. Don’t just engineer a solution for one game… help engineer a solution for them all. If writing automation frameworks that enable the easy authoring, running, and tracking of thousands of test cases against mobile platforms, web services, and datastores interests you, then this is your role.
- Interacts with Quality Engineers and Application Developers to define and implement test automation systems, and extend existing frameworks to meet project and coverage goals.
- Maintains the integrity of complex engineering features within a continuous build and continuous test system.
- Works closely with development teams to improve the software development and testing process.
- Develops, documents, and communicates test process improvements on a multiple project basis.
- Attends and contributes to elaboration meetings, writes test plans and holds reviews, hosts and contributes to peer test code reviews.
- Helps determine test priorities.
- Ensures robustness of the system and approves components and projects for launch.
- Provide training and leadership for junior members of the team.
- Oversee quality of work of outsourced resources via test plan and code reviews.
Re quired Skills:
- Understanding of mobile development practices.
- Understanding of automated testing as it relates to SDK APIs and/or server-side APIs, with automation experience of at least (1) web-service based application.
- Familiarity with development tools and their interfaces – Perforce (or comparable source code control), Eclipse (or comparable), Jira (or comparable), and Hansoft (or comparable).
- Mid-level programming skills in Java or C++. Solid OO background.
- Familiarity with common Internet technologies and adaptability to new technologies
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Creativity in tooling solutions with a familiarity of available test/automation tools that already exist.
- Previous mobile development– iOS, Android, or WinPhone.
- Previous test automation for mobile applications or embedded devices.
- Automation programming with JBehave, Selenium, Sikuli, or other approaches.
- Knowledge of test case management systems and how they work.
- Knowledge of project management tools and how they work.
- Knowledge of relational databases and ability to run SQL queries and verify data entry.
- Linux skills and familiarity with Internet security and networking configurations.
- Load/stress testing methodologies (e.g. JMeter, Tsung).
- Previous game testing experience with an understanding of the difficulties surrounding state management, view complexity, and animation.
- 5 years experience on multiple projects from requirements to release in either a development or test development role.
- Unit test framework and development experience.
- Experience in training/mentoring junior team members.
- Automated integration test development experience.
- Experience creating full life cycle test plans, templates, and strategies.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering