FIFA QA Release Manager - Position Overview
EA SPORTS FIFA is the most popular and best selling sports video game in the world. Year after year, FIFA delivers unmatched emotion, quality and authenticity to millions of fans of “the beautiful game.” Experience the emotion of scoring great goals in FIFA 14. The game plays the way great football matches are contested, with innovations to the gameplay that inspire fans to build play through midfield, dictating the tempo of a match. Feel the tension as chances are created, and experience the thrill of hitting the back of the net.
FIFA 14 delivers online features and live services that connect fans to the heartbeat of the sport—and to each other—through EA SPORTS Football Club. FIFA 14 is football's social network, where fans connect, compete and share with millions of others around the world.
The FIFA QA Release Manager is the primary QA owner for the FIFA Online Services (FOS) team and FIFA Live Team (FLT). This involves understanding both the different FIFA products and the live communities we support, “It’s more than just a game”.
The FIFA QA Release Manager will be accountable for the end to end quality of both teams. This entails scoping, strategizing, and budgeting plans for all aspects of the QA business in the two areas, performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities, and acting as the main communication conduit to all partner teams in terms of QA activities.
Overview of Responsibilities
• Recruit, manage, train and evaluate the performance of QA personnel.
• Collaborate with partners in development and finance to define schedules and establish QA budgets.
• Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan; defining the teams project budget, staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy, including tools, technology, pre-integration and post-integration QA efforts, etc.
• Be internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA across the product (i.e. game and associated systems, companion apps, websites, servers, etc). Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
• Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new strategies, including advancing the use of technology, automation, and development of new test tools.
• Formulate strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors and all development partners.
• Manage a team with a distributed team. Infrequent travel overseas will be required.
• Defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and communication processes with internal and external teams.
• Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanisms, and project/test management methodologies.
What are we looking for?
• 5 years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable Development experience.
• 3 years experience managing Live Services or Release Management.
• 2 years experience Project Management experience.
• Passion and knowledge of sports in general and specifically Football (Soccer) is a big plus.
• Passion for gaming and a commitment to enhanced end user experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of software testing and software QA processes.
• Previous experience in the use of automation and tools/technology to improve efficiency and increase overall test coverage and effectiveness.
• Understanding community management through forums, customer support groups and fraud prevention.
• A strong leader who takes ownership and has a proven track record of delivering projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
• Previous experience managing the business side of projects (i.e. resourcing, budgeting, etc).
• Previous experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and experience managing distributed teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and people management skills.
• Management and leadership skills.
• Pro-active, motivated, and focused.
• Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective (i.e., understanding both what is best for the product and what is best for the business).
• Ability to influence and persuade those not directly in your reporting structure.
• Excellent time management skills with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
• Flexible and dynamic – able to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
• Strategic and forward thinker – able to anticipate key challenges and future needs and develop strategies to address them.