At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs HR team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
The Compensation Consultant provides day to day consulting support to the HR team on Compensation related items to enable them to provide effective service to their clients. S/he will also support the planning, design, development, monitoring and implementation of compensation, job evaluation and other related programs to help enable the business to acquire, develop and retain its people.
This role is also responsible for the ongoing development, maintenance and analysis of HR metrics which provides meaningful data in support of LifeLabs’ people strategy.
• Support the annual compensation initiatives for the organization; develop tools, communications, and reports as needed. Recommend changes/enhancements to processes/tools. May lead process improvement activities.
• Conduct, gather and analyze market survey data and research current compensation trends to ensure LifeLabs' compensation programs are competitive. Prepare proposals with recommendations regarding compensation issues and programs based on research and analysis.
• Support the business with complex reporting requests and provide external data analysis which measure the competitiveness of LifeLabs’ programs and identify future opportunities • Support the job evaluation process, ensuring tools and systems meet the requirements of the business; ensure rankings are applied consistently and equitably; ensure legislative requirements are met; and documentation exists to substantiate job rankings.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert on HR related projects including monitoring and recommending enhancements to the Compensation/HR Reporting capabilities • Participate in ad-hoc special projects as required.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (HR, Business Admin or related field
• Completed or pursuing a HR Designation (CHRP, CCP)
• Minimum of 3 years in a Compensation related role. • Sound knowledge of compensation and Pay Equity principles.
• Prior experience working on HR Technology projects. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce would be an asset.
• Experience in job evaluation using a point factor system is required.
• Experience developing, maintaining and analyzing HR performance metrics.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel skills are a must.
• Strong data analysis, mathematical, interpretation and problem-solving skills
• Effective interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.