At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
The Collections Administrator is responsible for addressing all obstacles which may present themselves when billing for services provided (i.e. locating missing or incorrect data). As well, this role produces the necessary documentation to track the services being provided through billings, and ensuring that LifeLabs’ Core Values are demonstrated in all activities.
- Responsible for calling patients or doctors to collect missing information
- Responsible for investigating customer inquiries (internal and external)
- Arrange for unsigned requisitions to be sent to doctors for signature
- Complete processing of invoices (patient, contract, long-term care)
- Responsible for processing of third party billing (Quebec, Blue Cross, OHIP)
- Complete follow-up of invoicing
- Co-ordinate allocating of invoices to proper cost center
- Conduct calls for outstanding payment
- Handle confirmation of tests ordered by ref-out labs
- Ensure compliance with external Regulatory Agencies and Licensing requirements
- Manage payments (cash or credit) and deposit cash and cheques received from clients
- Maintains confidentiality involving any information made available directly or indirectly about clients including physicians, patients, employees and the company
- Complete monthly area status report
- Run pay direct cash collection report
- Data enter into Excel and internal software programs
- Work in a manner that protects one’s own health & safety as well as the safety of co-workers and others, and that is consistent with the law and with safe work practices and procedures established by LifeLabs
- High School diploma
- Proven ability to deal with doctors, clients on a variety of issues
- Ability to deal with clients who may be upset, confused or angry
- Able to handle sensitive or confidential information with tact and compassion
- Familiarity with accounting and medical terminology
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.