PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that have a true impact on people’s lives. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. PointClickCare is a dynamic environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll Administrator will also be accountable to the Payroll Supervisor. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the payroll input and maintenance of documentation according to company and legislative requirements. This position focuses on the administration of payroll processes and procedures and serves as a point of contact for employee questions and concerns with respect to payroll issues. The position requires that the employee possess previous full cycle payroll experience with ADP, as well as the ability to multitask and work independently. Integrity and attention to detail are crucial for this role.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll processing for Canadian and US semi-monthly payroll cycles.
- Maintain and update employee files in the Company’s payroll systems, ensuring all paper and electronic transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process and monitor all staffing changes, timesheets and adjustments including new hires, leaves, transfers, terminations and other changes in accordance with legislative requirements and Company policies.
- Maintain payroll data integrity, which includes auditing the pay system against the HRIS system for new hires, employee salary and department changes, terminations, earnings and deduction changes.
- Prepare various payroll reports, and payroll related accounting journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling and uploading RRSP and 401k contributions to 3rd party sites.
- Reconcile and prepare all remittances for insurance providers, garnishments and other payroll related payments.
- Assists in preparation and reconciliation of Canadian and US year-end tax forms including T4’s, T2200’s, W2’s, along with annual payroll reconciliations.
- Assist with the running of ad hoc and standard payroll reports to support finance, compensation, payroll and benefit audits and programs.
- Answers employees’ questions regarding pay, deductions and ADP employee administration access.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in payroll
- University degree or College diploma in Business/ Human Resources or related courses in payroll and benefits
- PCP certification acquired or in progress
- Experience with Canadian payroll legislation, benefit administration and labor laws
- Experience with ADP Pay@Work, ADP payroll systems and report writing
- US payroll experience strongly preferred
- Experience with implementation of payroll systems is an asset
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office applications skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Must be a quick learner and be able to work effectively in a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management, prioritization and customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
For more information on PointClickCare, please visit us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.