ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Schedule: M-F 8AM - 4:30PM; adjusting for meetings and other priorities as needed
Full Time Benefits
Job Summary: The clinical pharmacy coordinator is responsible for coordinating clinical pharmacy services ensuring that the pharmacy provides optimal clinical services on a daily basis. The clinical pharmacy coordinator facilitates the development, implementation and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe cost-effective drug therapies. This position reports to the Director of Pharmacy and provides pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Supervises the services provided by the pharmacists to ensure proper documentation of clinical activities, including appropriateness and financial impact. Collects and analyzes data.
- Performs rounds to the patient care areas to supervise the work of the pharmacists and participate in multi-disciplinary rounds on as needed
- Prepares and presents drug reviews, DUE criteria, antibiotic sensitivity reports, and pharmacy interventions summary and other summaries to the Pharmacy& Therapeutics Committee and to other groups.
- Works closely with P&T committee in developing and maintaining a formulary. Works with the medical and nursing staffs as well as with area or regional clinical resources to ensure cost effective and evidence based practice guidelines are applied.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the strategic pharmacy plans that aim at optimizing the existing clinical services (such as Anticoagulation Management, Renal Dosing and Pharmacokinetics) and innovating new ones (such as Antimicrobial Stewardship and Pain Management).
- Monitors the outcomes of all clinical pharmacy services –existing and new- to ensure that all services are cost-effective, data-driven and value-added.
- Orients and instructs pharmacists, interns, technicians, and students; and precepts PharmD candidates as applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring clinical competency of the pharmacists and assigning and tracking competencies for the department.
- Assists pharmacy staff in situations requiring advanced knowledge or judgment in drug selection and clinical pharmacokinetics, including renal dosing.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes and critical pathways as approved and authorized by appropriate committees.
- Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation and communication of cost-effective drug use issues in collaboration with the medical staff.
- Assists in the planning process for improvement in the functioning, development, and knowledge of the department.
- Coordinates policies and procedures for clinical activities (e.g. formulary management and therapeutic interchange).
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience required
- 6-8 years of experience preferred
- Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Wisconsin
- Basic Life Support required
- ACLS, PALS preferred
- Board certification in pharmacotherapy preferred
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.