Location: Corporate Headquarters
Contech is seeking a Product Manager to join our team. The Product Manager serves as the business owner for the Filtration product line, providing strategic planning guidance, P&L responsibility and oversight, product and marketing expertise, portfolio management and training to others in the Business Units.
- Drive implementation of the sales and marketing strategy for the filtration product line – with accountability for revenue and margin targets.
- Provide Voice of the Customer and business case analysis to R&D New Product Development teams and identify new R&D opportunities.
- Maximize price yield by establishing regional pricing and marketing strategies then communicate and implement across the organization.
- Instigate product line cost out initiatives and manage related activities.
- Play active role in determining product line revenue forecasts and sales commitments.
- Lead development and internal review of all technical and promotional materials related to the product line.
- Working closely with the MarCom team, develop the content and format for all marketing communications (including, advertising, direct mail, PR, presentations, etc).
- Provide market intelligence in the form of: research, competitor analysis, regulations and customer input to assist with new product design, regional strategies and pricing.
- Assess competitive products from a functionality, technology and usage perspective and provide competitive strategies to sales teams.
- Facilitate and manage product training programs (e.g., internet based and in the field training) as needed.
- Assist with the evaluation and study of new products and business initiatives as directed.
- Travel to key markets to work with the sales team on regional basis as appropriate.
- Function as the liaison between the technical marketing group and engineering (internal and external).
- Manages product line net promoter score. Works with the engineering and production staff to insure that customer commitments are met.
- Risk Manager for the product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering or other relevant technical or construction management degree.
- Product management experience with a proven track record of successful product introductions.
- Ability to think strategically and work well in a matrix organization with the ability to influence others and implement effective business strategies through variety of technical and sales teams.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a technical or construction industry with a strong sales orientation.
- Must have a high level of expertise, knowledge and experience with the product, including the ability to handle the most complicated situations that may arise particularly in the storm water filtration and treatment arena.
- Knowledge of LID (Low Impact Development) and LEED (Leadership, Energy, Environment, Design) a plus
- Professional Engineering license is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to present information that is easily understood by others.
- Strong training and coaching skills to help others learn and develop their knowledge and skills of the product.
- Self starter, ability to influence others without direct authority
- Strong computer and analytical skills are required. This includes hands-on execution as well as working with others in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Power Point, Word, and Excel, MSProject, MapPoint.
- Ability to travel approximately 20-40% of the time
Contech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact the Contech Recruiting team at (513)645-7000.