Journeyman Trailer Mechanic - Gibson Energy Partnership
Location: Edmonton TT Office
Job status: Permanent Full time
Business Unit: Truck Transportation
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the general direction the Shop Foremen this incumbent will utilize journeyman level technical knowledge and expertise to perform complex mechanical tasks in the repair, maintenance, inspection and certification of Gibson’s tanker trailer fleet with minimal supervision. All tasks and assignments must follow established procedures in a professional, safe and cost-effective manner. In unique situations, the incumbent will recommend custom solutions or alternative practices.
- Ability to perform inspections as required by the CSA B620 and the National Safety Code
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems and recommend custom solutions.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to play a leading role in implementing and promoting work place safety and professionalism and recommend positive work place change.
- Accountable for compliance with all shop policies and safe work practices and performing work in a cost effective and professional manner inline with Gibson’s Values and Principles
- To communicate and follow Company Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries and other record keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrates self-control under pressure and maintains a positive attitude towards fellow employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Journeyman Trailer Mechanic’s Certificate.
- Grade 12 graduate
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices relating to tanker trailer shop operations.
- Full understanding of all elements of the job (i.e.: shop safety, shop work practices, mechanical systems, use of all hand and power)
- Computer keyboarding skills and basic understanding of computer business systems is desirable.
- Physical Demands include lifting, carrying, pull/push, stairs.
- The majority of work is conducted in an Shop Environment with some light administration work occasionally required.
- This job is subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as outlined in Gibsons’ Drug & Alcohol policy (delete this bullet if job is not Safety Sensitive)
- This job is subject to a pre-employment physical exam and drug screening (US only - delete this bullet if not required)
As this is a safety sensitive position, applicants who are extended an offer will be required to undergo a Drug & Alcohol screening process. All employment offers are contingent upon a successful completion of this screening process.