For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven was established in 1956. Today, Raven is publicly traded on NASDAQ (RAVN) and has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four Dimensions of Competition are the foundation on which we separate our company from our competition. Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance are woven into how we do business, shaping Raven’s culture and setting us apart. These are not initiatives that come and go; they are enduring values — and a testament to our commitment to continual improvement.
The Product Development Engineer will develop innovative new products to solve problems in related field, and provide continual refinement of existing products.
• Research, design, develop, coordinate and evaluate new product development projects. Perform or facilitate installation/testing related to the new product, system, or process of manufacturing.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new product or enhancement of existing products or processes.
• Lead successful execution and documentation for new product designs, and all phases of a project.
• Work with external customers, distributors, vendors, and suppliers to initiate new designs and solve problems.
• Coordinate and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of evolving developments that impact the business in areas of design, application, and methods of production.
• Analyze test data and reports to determine if new product meets functional and performance specifications.
• Develop and optimize product costs to maximize value and competitiveness.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing products or processes.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, in field related to specific position.
• Three or more years of related experience preferred.
• Has knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline. Uses prescribed techniques and procedures within established criteria.
• Tasks are well-defined.
• Performs technical work that does not require previous experience.
• Works independently, as well as with a team.
• Work is performed under supervision.
• Entry level or early career engineer with Bachelors' degree or Master's degree in engineering field - Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of an internship in related field is preferred.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position as identified by department leadership.
• Understanding of Lean Principles and manufacturing processes preferred.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• High level of customer service skills. Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Highly motivated and self-directed.
• Individually accountable for results.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to identify waste and find creative solutions.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate flexibility, and able to multitask.
Raven Engineered Films
Sioux Falls, SD
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability