A team of database developers responsible for processing and delivering internet audience measurement and analytic data of the ever expanding digital world is looking for creative mind to join us. If you love data and are able to prepare it diligently in a meaningful format where people can tell a story from it, if you like to stay on the cutting edge of business intelligence and relational database technologies, you will find this role of database developer fits your bill.
JOB TITLE: Database Developer
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
REPORTS TO: Manager, Database Development
As a member of the data application development team, you will participate in the design, development and maintenance of multiple client-facing data marts and ETL processes, leveraging Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services and Integration Services. We employ many unique and sophisticated approaches for structuring, analyzing and reporting data in our flagship digital analytic products, and we are looking for talented individuals to help improve and expand our data delivery capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work as a lead developer and primary contact for internal datamart projects using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 technologies
• Develop and maintain processes to automate ETL of data updates
• Design and set up structures and queries for use by internal teams and put these into multi-dimensional OLAP databases in Analysis Services
• Design cubes and carry out performance tuning of our relational and OLAP databases
• Collaborate with the internal development team on creation of new client-facing reporting applications
• Research, evaluate, and share information on new technologies to be used in our product delivery platforms
• Be an evangelist for our reporting solutions across the organization via training, blogging, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
• 2-3 years of experience with SQL Server, including T-SQL, Analysis Services and Integration Services
• A track record of working across teams to deliver high quality solutions, especially with sales teams who are presenting data to a client
• Experience with Business Objects or other BI tools is very attractive to us
• Experience with ETL development, preferably using Integration Services
• A detail-oriented personality, with the ability to work independently, think analytically and solve problems on time
• Familiarity with Analysis Service MDX and XLMA queries, XLM data modeling concepts, Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology) and SQL Server 2012 are a plus
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. Through its Audience Analytics, Advertising Analytics, and Digital Enterprise Analytics product suites, comScore provides its clients with a variety of on-demand software, real-time analytics and custom solutions to succeed in a multi-platform world. The proprietary comScore Census Network™ (CCN) leverages a world-class technology infrastructure to capture trillions of digital interactions a month and power big data analytics on a global scale for its more than 2,000 clients, which include leading companies such as AOL, Baidu, BBC, Best Buy, Carat, Deutsche Bank, ESPN, France Telecom, Financial Times, Fox, LinkedIn, Microsoft, MediaCorp, Nestle, Starcom, Terra Networks, Universal McCann, Verizon, ViaMichelin and Yahoo!.
EOE / M / F / V / D