Summary of Position:
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) is a vertically integrated next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, premium pay television networks, home entertainment, global distribution and sales, interactive ventures and games and location-based entertainment.
Lionsgate boasts one of the largest independent television businesses in the world, Lionsgate’s slate of premium quality series encompasses nearly 90 shows on more than 40 different networks. These include the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, the fan favorite Nashville, the syndication success The Wendy Williams Show, the acclaimed Casual, the breakout successes Greenleaf and Dear White People, and hit STARZ series including Outlander, Black Sails, American Gods and Power, the second highest-rated premium pay television series of 2016.
The Vice President of Events requires a creative, entrepreneurial, detail oriented, financially responsible, self-motivated events professional. This role will manage a small events team that handles dozens of industry related events a year including MIPTV, MIPCOM, NATPE, DISCOP, LA Screenings, TCA’s, BANFF, Golden Globe and Emmy Awards, Premieres, Screenings, Sales Meetings, and special events.
The right candidate should have a detailed understanding of the TV and entertainment landscape, excellent communications and team leadership skills, the ability to adaptively manage multiple internal and external clients, work well in a team environment, bring a ‘can do’ attitude to all projects, build team efficiencies and morale, and solve a litany of time sensitive and unique challenges.
- Ownership of dozens of events each calendar year
- Creative, logistic, and budget planning liability
- Vendor and location relationships, research, and solutions
- Internal and external client management and event services
- Executive level communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Team building, training and divisional organizational expertise
- Daily prioritization of numerous requests, projects, and requests
- Invoice processing and vendor payment liabilities
Experience & Skills:
- Able to build cross-divisional and inter-company relationships
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in dynamic, changing and team oriented environment
- Ability to build project timelines and drive to key dates
- Deep list of vendor, location, and event resource relationships
- Extremely positive outlook and “can do” attitude
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong financial acumen for budgeting and cost tracking and reporting
- Resourceful in finding solutions to problems
- A meaningful interest in the business of television is a must
- Ability to constantly multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Previous experience with MIPTV, MIPCOM, BANFF and LA SCREENINGS a plus
- Strong Excel and presentation skills
- A college degree is required
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.