Summary of Position:
Lionsgate (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF) is a premier next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, TV programming and syndication, home entertainment, video games and digital distribution. Lionsgate theatrical releases include films developed and produced in-house, co-developed and co-produced, and acquired from third parties. Popular film & TV franchises include The Hunger Games, Divergent, Twilight, Mad Men and Orange is the New Black.
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for Payroll Tax Manager
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities
- Manage/Audit/Review payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns
- Manage/Audit the payroll quarterly and annual returns
- Directly work with the agencies or 3rd party vendor on notices and in resolving any tax related issues
- Assist in processing and reviewing the multi-state bi-weekly payroll
- Assist in processing International payroll
- Prepare PR reports for accounting as requested and provide support with accounting department’s inquiry
- Assist in maintaining the ADP GL interface maintenance
- Manage audit tasks and controls required for the SSAE16 annual audit – including establishing proper controls, ensuring employee adherence to controls and working directly with the auditors during the annual review period
- Assist with special projects including merger & acquisition activities
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Professionally communicates by written correspondence, e-mail, and telephone with both internal and external recipients.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of multi-state payroll and mobility
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now
- Excellent organization skill and customer service
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solving/decision making/conflict resolution skills.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a must. Bachelor's degree, in accounting, business, or a related field preferred
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.