Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate need for a Director in the Worldwide Television/Digital Sales Planning & Analysis group. The position will support executive management and regional sales teams in the on-going measurement and communication of financial performance across related global businesses. The person in this role works closely with the SVP to build and maintain financial budgets, rolling forecasts, management reporting, and analytical support. Close collaboration with Accounting, Operations, and Corporate FP&A teams will also be required.
- Prepare/review annual budget and rolling forecasts by business segment, territory, and sales person. Serve in a leadership role to the team in these endeavors;
- Provide analytical support in the evaluation of business initiatives/growth opportunities;
- Coordinate with global sales team on deals in pipeline, product windowing, risks & opportunities;
- Participate and assist with business operating and metric reviews, enabling discussions about the current and future state of the business;
- Provide periodic managerial and operational reporting (e.g. actuals, projected revenue, pending deals) to inform decision-making;
- Serve as a liaison with Accounting to ensure proper revenue recognition and booking of deferred revenue;
- Work closely with FP&A to ensure that actuals are tracking close to forecast and Budget - any deviations from forecast or Budget are analyzed, understood and investigated;
- Work with Operational and IT teams to further streamline models and processes;
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by management
Experience & Skills:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Minimum of (5) years in financial planning and analysis required
- Experience in the Entertainment Industry, preferred
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to analyze financial statements, create financial models, and understand accounting principles
- Advanced modeling skills using Microsoft Excel, VBA a plus
- Experience with OLAP analysis tools (BPC, Hyperion, etc.) and SAP
- Ability to communicate complex concepts at a high level to executive leadership
- Ability to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, and complete tasks on time
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics while displaying the initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of Senior Management
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.