Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Senior Manager for its TV Production Finance group whose primary responsibilities include financial project management of original series, pilots, mini-series, specials and reality productions. This position will support the Executive Director of TV Production Finance in overall production finance operations and provide leadership to a dynamic team.
- Support Executive Director in overall production finance operations specifically in collecting, review and submission of deliverables to corporate accounting and FP&A group.
- Support TV Finance in enforcing appropriate finance controls in production accounting operations which includes management production audits of assigned production. Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the fiscal management and reporting of both internal and external facets of assigned production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance consolidated production cash flow of entire TV slate.
- Review and reconcile production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports and trial balances.
- Closely monitor the production progress of assigned productions to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
- Provide financial support to Production & Business Affairs Executives.
- Coordinate production accounting transition to post production accounting group. Ensure smooth transition.
- Work closely with post production accountant to manage the cost reporting process during post to close of accounting books.
- Manage tax incentive process of assigned productions, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
- Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
- Oversee post production accounting operations and reporting of assigned projects.
- Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience in television or feature film production accounting or studio production finance is required.
- In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
- Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in a fast paced, high-pressure studio environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.