Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Director for its TV Production Finance group whose primary responsibilities include financial project management of original series, pilots, mini-series, specials and reality productions. This position will support the Executive Director of TV Production Finance in overall production finance operations and provide leadership to a dynamic team.
· Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of all internal and external facets of assigned television productions. Must be knowledgeable of the financing aspects of all assigned shows including (but not limited to): co-production deal structure, deficit calculation, network/studio breakages and tax credits estimates.
· Manage quarterly corporate reporting process. Analyze, review for accounting accuracy and submit to corporate accounting group, required Production Finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, bank reconciliations.
· Provide Production Finance expertise and support to Production & Business Affairs Executives of assigned projects.
· Closely monitor the production progress of assigned productions. Must be able to provide guidance and address various production finance related queries from internal and external customers such as: co-production partners, Business Affairs executives, Production and Post Production Executives, production accountants, corporate accounting and FP&A executives, corporate tax department, Residuals and Participations groups, tax credit auditors, State film office, internal auditors, external cost auditors and post production accounting group.
· Manage production incentive workflow of assigned shows, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, ensure receipt of tax credits or cash and assist with tax incentive analysis to determine the best location to capture the highest return of rebates and tax credits to the network.
· Coordinate Production Accounting compliance audits of assigned shows to support Production Finance efforts in enforcing appropriate finance controls in production accounting operations. Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
· Coordinate transfer of production accounting responsibilities from production accountant to post production accounting group. Responsible for ensuring transfer of information related to all open items in cost report and trial balance are properly documented and communicated.
· Work closely with post production accountant to manage the cost reporting process from post production stage to close of accounting books. This is to ensure accurate reporting of EFC to corporate accounting and FP&A group.
· Responsible for the management, forecasting and maintenance consolidated production cash flow of entire TV slate.
· Perform ad hoc financial analyses and miscellaneous projects as needed.
Experience & Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of management-level experience in Television production accounting or studio production finance is required.
· In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and finance practices.
· Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
· Knowledge of state and international tax incentive laws and credits.
· Passionate about television programming business.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to forge effective business partnerships with internal and external clients.
· Ability to work independently, manage competing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure in a positive manner.
· Pro-active in seeking to improve current processes, highly organized and high attention to detail.
· Demonstrated success in a fast paced, corporate studio environment.
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.