BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
BioWare Edmonton is currently looking for an Systems Programmer.
As an Systems programmer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining core engine components on multiple hardware platforms, for example memory and performance management, physics and infrastructure. You will work closely with gameplay programmers and external partners to drive architectural decisions for the engine.
· Build and maintain core engine components, pipelines and tools on multiple hardware platforms.
· Profile and optimize various aspects of the engine including CPU, I/O and memory.
· Develop systems in both client and server realms.
· Participate in EA’s Frostbite Engine community by contributing both code and architectural input.
· Driving standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
· Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule.
Who You Are:
· 8+ years of professional experience in a similar role.
· Experience working with a team of engineers throughout a full development cycle on an AAA title.
· Excellent working knowledge of C++, C# is also desirable.
· Solid Math skills.
· Comprehensive experience developing within a client-server architecture.
· Excellent debugging skills and experience with multi-threaded programming.
· The ideal candidate will have a passion for making and playing innovative games.
· B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering preferred.
· Ability to work independently and to be self-directing required.
· Excellent team and communication skills required.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location; http://www.bioware.com/en/studios/bioware-edmonton/
More info contact: Josca Remerie @ firstname.lastname@example.org
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.