Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Social Media Manager. This role is an integral one to Lionsgate, supporting the digital marketing team at one of the most rapidly growing entertainment companies, inside a division dedicated to innovation.
As the Social Media Manager, you’ll be the primary point of contact for social media agencies and vendors, and responsible for ideating and executing social media marketing campaigns. You’ll work closely with the Social Media Director to develop, implement, and optimize social and influencer marketing strategies for 50+ titles a year.
You’ll work closely with colleagues across Theatrical, TV Distribution, Premium Cable and OTT to share best practices and vital information across the content lifecycle, and you’ll coordinate with PR, Content, Sales, Strategy, Research and Analytics colleagues to leverage social media in new and productive ways.
- Execution of organic and paid Home Entertainment social campaigns for new release and catalog.
- Social Creative & Page Management:
- Day to day management of agencies, providing creative direction and ensuring adherence to brand guidelines, best practices, and company policies.
- Working cross-divisionally and with partners to acquire access to social pages and creative elements and ensuring delivery to vendors.
- Identification of legal issues and submission of social creative for legal review.
- Circulation of social calendars for approval from brand marketers and partners.
- Review of post copy and copywriting.
- Communication of timelines and due dates for creative delivery with internal and external partners.
- Managing monthly catalog posting and strategizing ways to increase fan engagement with catalog brands.
- Overseeing community management on active campaigns, including crafting responses to fans and elevating customer issues and complaints.
- Facilitating social partnerships with retailers and brand partners.
- Creating social toolkits for retailers, and executing special promotions as needed.
- Social Ad buying:
- Post boosting.
- Executing in-house social ad buys on Facebook and Instagram.
- Communicating direction to the paid media agency, delivering creative, and approving campaigns before they go live.
- Review of mid-campaign advertising reports and directing mid-campaign creative optimization.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required, concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration and/or communication preferred
- 4+ years of relevant agency and/or industry experience executing social marketing campaigns (both organic and paid), preferably in the entertainment industry
- A strong eye for design and the ability to give notes and feedback on social video creative and graphics.
- Ability to set up Facebook ads, set ad targeting, and create custom Facebook audiences.
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, & YouTube, including scheduling posts, ad buying, social ad formats, creative specs and trends.
- Familiarity with current best practices for increasing reach and growing follower count on social media.
- Copywriting for social media, including familiarity with emojis and acronyms.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Power Editor, and Twitter Ads Manager.
- Basic experience in Photoshop and basic video editing preferred.