BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Who You Are:
The Senior Technical Animation role specializes in understanding animation workflow and tools. Rigging, skinning and controlling animation data flow are the technical artists primary responsibilities. Working with the Animation and Cinematic teams to ensure they are creating the highest quality content with the tools and assets provided and that the pipelines are as efficient as possible. Technical animators must also exercise a good eye for aesthetics, contributing to critique and team success.
- Design, create and test character rigs
- Maintain and test animation tools and pipelines
- Apply and maintain consistency for content throughout the entire project.
- Develop progressive techniques and process to solve character and animation challenges
- Proactive in problem identification and creating solutions
- Define and estimate tasks in a well organized manner
- Interact and collaborate with the different departments (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
- 5+ years of technical animation experience with multiple shipped titles
- Expertise in rigging and skinning assets
- An great understanding of Animation principles and anatomy
- Experience with Motion capture and data transfer
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Photoshop, 3ds Max, Motion Builder, CAT
- Excellent problem solving skills. Candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges.
- Experience with MEL, Python, C# or C++ a definite plus
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative setting
- Strong team player with strong cross-group communication skills.
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact: Shannon Schlothauer - email@example.com; https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannonschlothauer
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.