BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
The Digital Acting team is responsible for the creation and delivery of the narrative content in a BioWare game. The Cinematic Tools programmer continually improves the unique toolset that allows for the large-scale dynamic narrative experience that BioWare is famous for. Primary responsibilities include creation, management, and evolution of the toolset and pipelines for several content-production teams: Writing, Cinematics, Voice-Over Recording, Performance Capture, and Localization.
What the Cinematic Tools Programmer will do at BioWare:
· Work closely with content developers and create and support features and tools
· Integrate and maintain internal and external libraries, tools, and packages.
· Design and write code that that is player facing as well as tools to support our content creators, incorporating and adapting existing technology and writing custom code as needed
Who You Are:
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
· Proficiency with C++, C#, and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
· Experience architecting and/or implementing game systems, editor tools, and pipelines.
· Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
· Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
· The ideal candidate has experience working with narrative concepts (Dialogue, Cameras, Lighting) and technologies (Maya, Motion Builder, 3ds Max, FBX, FaceFx)
· Experience with Python, XAML, and/or LUA
· Shipped at least one video game title; and has a minimum of three years of technical experience in the video game or related industry
· Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
Performance Competencies (Non Technical Skills)
· A passion for good workflows
· Experience working directly with clients to deliver their requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent decision-making capabilities
· Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
· Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our locations: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact: Shannon Schlothauer - email@example.com; https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannonschlothauer
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.