BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the newly revealed IP Anthem: a shared-world action RPG, the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise: one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™: a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
What the Systems Programmer will do at BioWare:
We strongly believe that tailoring the role for the individual but tasks might include:
· Driving the implementation of new features and workflows for content creators
· Optimizing performance and memory usage.
· Becoming an expert in EA’s internal technology and contribute by writing and/or suggesting improvements at the game and engine level as needed.
· Working with EA’s internal shared technology groups when necessary. Author runtime, build pipeline, and possibly even tools code.
· Performing code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members regularly.
· Driving standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
Who You Are:
· BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years of programming experience.
· Advanced knowledge of C/C++. C# is highly desired
· Must have contributed extensively to and shipped one or more AAA games.
· Ability to quickly digest and work with as well as extend existing systems with both internal and external code.
· Experience with performance optimization, ideally in a complex multi-threaded environment.
· Expert-level debugging skills.
What’s in it for you? Glad, you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location; http://www.bioware.com/en/studios/bioware-edmonton/
Contact: Shanda Wood firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/in/shandahancock/
“EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.”