Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Manager of Accounting who will be focused on capitalizing film & television productions and calculating and booking direct operating expenses. Responsibilities:
- Collection and review of film and television projections (ultimates) from Lionsgate domestic and international divisions for the purpose of booking Amortization, Participation & Residual expenses.
- Close interaction with the Motion picture and Television production departments for the collection and review of Production Cost reports, Production Trail Balances, Bank statements and Tax incentives reports.
- Prepare journals entries to capitalize film and Television film costs on Lionsgate’s balance sheet.
- Track and record production Tax incentives.
- Tracking actuals against budgeted production expenditures and investigate, confirm and communicate with the production departments and upper management.
- Interact, communicate and supply supporting documentation for our external and third party auditors.
- Capitalize development projects and communicate with production department any projections which are dead.
- Creation of financial note packages for corporate reporting.
Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Strong Excel Skills
- 3+ years related accounting experience
- Experience working with SAP and BW (Business Warehouse)
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.