Summary of Position:
Grindstone Entertainment Group, LLC operates in partnership with Lionsgate, the leading next generation studio, to release an annual slate of over 30 genre films. Grindstone is a fully integrated company that provides turn-key acquisition and marketing expertise, while leveraging the studio sales engine to maximize results across multiple platforms. The company distributes home entertainment product within the North American territory.
Summary of Position:
The Marketing Manager will manage, drive and maximize the exploitation of the release of direct-to-video and theatrical films along with high profile films’ VOD packaging by developing innovative marketing campaigns. This individual will be someone who has a team player attitude and who also works well independently to problem solve and prioritize tasks. The Manager will contribute to an effective workflow as well as to the creation of a positive working environment.
- Watch films and develop creative briefs to initiate various project development for each title.
- Liase with creative team and provide all elements needed to produce assets.
- Devise marketing plan for each titles release. Execute strategy docs that define the brand, build awareness and drive consumption. Identify and supervise multi-platform marketing opportunities that meet objectives and are aligned with brand positioning. Research title, previous market screenings, and previous marketing materials. Identify key marketing points, consumer target, consumer support/outreach, critical acclaim and competitive titles.
- Interact with LIONSGATE Brand team
- Interact with LGP publicity and outside publicity team
- Work with copywriters to provide synopsis, tag lines, etc
- Review social media plans, Media spends, Budgets and P&L
- Take delivery of stills, key art and production notes for all titles and disseminate
- Supply digital tracking, Walmart tracking, digital placement, QC reports to Grindstone team from Lionsgate Brand team
- Keeping the company’s IMDB and YouTube channel up to date
- Create titles marketing plans and sales slides.
- Additional project management as it relates to specific marketing initiatives, including but not limited to: contests, screenings, cross-promotions and awards shows.
- Review requests from various Film Festivals. Work with marketing team to strategically place films for screenings. Coordinate trafficking of materials.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required, including, but not limited to:
- Submitting all invoices and PO for payment
- Interfacing with internal departments (home entertainment, publicity, post production, business and legal affairs, operations) in order to secure approvals for marketing opportunities and proper delivery of materials.
- Execute day-to-day marketing operations with immediate team, internal departments and 3rd-party vendors.
- Continuously identify and evaluate key marketplace trends and share with the team.
- Be aware of market movement, trends and competitive landscape, both theatrically and at home entertainment.
Experience & Skills:
Ideal candidate needs little oversight, is detail-oriented, motivated to produce great results and develop creative marketing initiatives and trailers.
- Qualified candidate will have 1-3 years of overall marketing experience. Bachelor’s degree [in Marketing, Communications, English or Business preferred or equivalent experience]
- Demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization and time management skills to ensure that projects are managed and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- CREATIVE, excellent writing and development skills.
- Must be a creative problem solver; have the ability to think “outside the box” and maximize the results of any budget.
- Able to demonstrate innovation and imagination in approach to marketing campaigns.
- Whether communicating verbally or in written form, has the ability to clearly articulate point of view as well as action plans
- Solid communication skills to effectively interact and deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively on a team and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Standard software knowledge and use of computers; to include Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow through on projects within a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Experience managing and selecting 3rd party vendors.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated worker with a track record of delivering on commitments
- Experience in brand building, both strategic and tactical
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.