PPC is the global leader in connective technology. PPC's award-winning connectors, cables and accessories are used by cable systems, satellite networks and wireless businesses around the world. PPC is proud of its worldwide reputation for technical leadership and innovation. We hold more patents in connector technology than any other company in the world. Seeking out network issues or recurring problems in network components as technology advances ensures that our solutions exceed our customers' and the industry's expectations for value, quality and reliability.
PPC is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
The Staff Accountant is to assist the Director of Financial Reporting & Business Development with a variety of specialized general accounting duties and maintenance of accounting reports within a manufacturing environment. The Staff Accountant will support the day-to-day and fiscal month end activities of the company, as well as audit requests.
NOTE: Public accounting/audit related experience preferred. Audit experience and knowledge of internal controls highly desired.
- Prepares financial statements for international and domestic companies.
- Assists with the month end closing process through the preparation and posting of journal entries in SAP.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation of documentation for internal control reviews and external audits, as well as, providing tax/compliance support.
- Reconciles monthly balance sheets, including some international coordination. Ensure balances are properly supported (proper documentation).
- Interfaces with international locations as needed for general accounting support.
- Records and reconciles fixed company assets and accumulated depreciation, including tracking and reporting construction in process.
- Prepares financial analyses and reporting as required by management.
- Become trained as an SAP power user. This will include, but is not limited to, configuration and maintenance of the financial-related modules and updates to data and reporting.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education / Licensure / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Two to five years of accounting experience required.
- Public accounting/audit related experience preferred.
- Audit experience and knowledge of internal controls highly desired.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or SAP experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience preparing journal entries is critical, and experience creating and/or maintaining financial statements is highly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization skills (notes, tracking, understanding and appropriately setting priorities).
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical.
- Excellent analytical skills, and degree of professional skepticism.
- Knowledge of financial record keeping practices.
- Strong background in Microsoft Excel (vlookup's, pivot tables, sumif’s, etc.).
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Proven ability to work independently, with a focus on bringing projects to completion while demonstrating strategic thinking.
At PPC we trust in our people, products, and direction which allow us to cultivate a winning environment bringing us to where we are today. As the industry leader, we not only value the customer, but we make it a point to treat each employee like family. By fostering a good work-life balance, offering training opportunities, education assistance, excellent medical benefits, wellness initiatives, and much more, we attract and retain high-level talent to help us grow our business. A career at PPC is much more than a job; it’s an opportunity.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.