Summary of Position:
This role is an integral one to Lionsgate’s Home Entertainment division, supporting media strategy and execution for one of the most rapidly growing entertainment companies, inside a division where innovation rules the day.
You will be at the center of our studio’s transition to a new media agency, getting a chance to help pioneer new design tools, timelines and reporting from the ground up.
You’ll work closely with colleagues across Theatrical, TV Distribution, Premium Cable and OTT to share best practices and vital information across the content lifecycle.
You’ll be the primary point of contact with media and technology vendors, internal brand marketing teams and creative leads to ensure we strategize, plan and perform media to its fullest potential against defined objectives…using the latest and greatest tactics and targeting.
And you’ll coordinate with PR, Social, Content, Sales, Strategy, Research and Analytics colleagues to leverage media in new and productive ways.
The ideal candidate is:
- So organized their sock drawer is folded
- So calm they could be mistaken for a Zen master
- So intellectually curious they suffer from a Googling addiction
- So media savvy they can tell you who won the last three Bachelors seasons…and all the ways to watch the show
- Work with Media Director and Brand Marketing teams to produce impactful and efficient media plans
- Maintain day-to-day relations with media vendors, platforms and internal/external partners
- Manage all budgeting and timelines for media and creative delivery, ensuring relevant parties stay informed about any changes and meet all obligations
- Provide recommendations to inform and improve media strategies and tactics
- Monitor and report on media KPI’s to help optimize campaigns, identify key learnings and establish best practices
- Support division in designing and implementing media agency transition road maps, timelines, planning briefs, targeting worksheets and mid-/post-campaign reports
- Partner with Marketing Analytics team to perform media tests, performance audits and in-depth analyses into consumer behaviors and preferences
- Interface with Theatrical Marketing, OTT channels and other divisions on media transition efforts to streamline processes and increase collaboration
- Police the status of media plan approvals, co-op/upfront commitments, invoicing and payments in partnership with Finance and departmental invoicing representative
Experience & Skills:
- 2-4 years’ experience directly managing media planning, buying, measurement or ops required – preferably concentrated in mobile advertising & programmatic
- Knowledge of and experience with online display, paid search and social campaigns required
- Some experience with media research tools and marketing analytics platforms preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use data and/or research to make decisions and craft tactical plans a must
- Strong interest in learning about programmatic media, advanced TV and evolving media channels, models and measurements required
- Passion for creative, strategic thinking about the consumer and all things entertainment preferred
- Intermediate competency and fluency in Excel (VLook-up, Pivot Tables) required
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities and projects with poise, polish, confidence and diplomacy – and without close supervision – a must
- Bachelors in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Business or Statistics required
- Google AdWords, digital media, programmatic or marketing analytics/research certifications a plus