Summary of Position:
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Director, TV Sales and Distribution reporting to the EVP, WW TV Distribution.
- Seek, negotiate and finalize license agreements for Lionsgate’s slate of unscripted TV content and library titles for its expanding Alternative Programming department
- Create strong relationships with linear TV and digital clients; understand their needs; problem-solve requests
- Liaise with related departments (e.g., sales planning, legal, rights management, marketing) to develop general and customized solutions for clients
- Demonstrate increased value and optimize terms for each deal while maximizing license fees with existing and new clients through targeted offerings
- Generate specific avails lists and review for conflicts and overlaps
- Expand the number of licenses with existing and new clients through targeted offerings
- Collaborate with other members of the licensing team to create packages and maximize multi-territory licenses
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of TV sales experience
- Experience in deal analysis and creating solutions
- Must have strong deal building & negotiating skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of deal terms including title availability, license fees, and rights grants
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize Lionsgate’s various content and rights management systems
- Experience in exploring new business models and current emerging rights trends
- Experience working on multiple, prospective deals with the ability to prioritize appropriately
- Motivated self-starter with experience working with both start-up and established businesses
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be willing to travel frequently to meet clients and further relationships, while staying current with market trends and conditions.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.