Career Opportunities: HRIS Specialist (12321)
Req Id 12321 - Posted 12/12/2017 - Employment - California
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is currently seeking an HRIS Specialist/Analyst reporting to the Sr. Manager, HRIS and VP, Web and Cloud Solutions. A key element of this role will be to manage all HRMS activity and act as a bridge between HR/Payroll professionals, IT developers, and Payroll Departments in use of their HRIS system and related interfaces.
Data Entry & Audit (40%)
- Responsible for creating, updating, maintaining and reporting employee data in HRIS accurately and in a timely manner
- Monitor and verify that proper procedures are followed in accordance with business practices and system requirements
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly audits of employee data within HRIS to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Manage the integration of the HRMS application and reports with other business systems.
System Support (30%)
- Support and act as primary or backup administrator for various HR systems supported by the HRIS function
- Provide end-user training and support.
- Manage and coordinate testing of scheduled HRMS/Payroll software patches and upgrades.
- Provide support for HRIS, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Ability to design, prototype and present new HRIS components
- Lead functional area in development, testing and transition of new HR/Payroll technology.
- System Maintenance: Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS. Document process and results.
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Engage and collaborate with other departments to meet Organizational SMART Goals and use project management skills in managing projects. May provide overall project management for a given HR initiative.
- Utilize communication skills to translate requirements or issues into action plans and working solutions.
- Deliver routine reports and provide adhoc reports to various HR functions as necessary
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools; Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing department needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Assist in identifying HR needs and the software products to fulfill these needs
- Other duties as identified
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Information Management/Systems or related field require.
- Ability to multi-task, organize & prioritize workload
- Experience in PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle ERP (R12), MS Office products and reporting tools
- Knowledge of SuccessFactors and/or ADP Workforce Now a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, data entry, math ability
- Experience migrating data between systems and doing data cleanup a plus
- Ability or experience programming in C#, Java or any common programming language a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Ability to create and update, use formulas, tables, and multiple worksheets. Must be comfortable learning new software and programs.
- 1-2 years Human Resources systems experience preferred – demonstrated experience in employee support areas, and recruiting for operations positions. Preferred experience in compensation and benefit administration, and working with HRIS, employee portals.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with maximum discretion, meet critical deadlines, and manage priorities and workload.