Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Royalties Analyst in the International Distribution department. Primary responsibilities will include collection and analysis of royalty statements, and the invoicing and collection of royalties due. Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain accuracy of extensive database of distributors, contracts, and account statuses.
- Communicate with international clients on a regular basis to request royalty statements and additional detail on sales, expenses, allocations, etc.
- Perform independent analysis of the royalty reporting to ensure accuracy, compare against contractual terms, and liaise with distributors to correct any errors.
- Compare ultimates to actuals, identify variances, and confirm continuity of previously advised revenue.
- Identify overage situations, generate receivables, and send invoices for collection.
- Interact with producers and banks to confirm payments and answer questions as necessary.
- Prepare select reports for regular meetings with management.
- Conduct ad hoc title analysis projects as needed.
Experience & Skills:
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational abilities.
- Strong Excel skills, including an understanding of complex formulas; comfortable working with numbers.
- Independent, problem-solving, and analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to speak precisely and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
- Strong work ethic, ability to prioritize workload with a high sense of urgency as necessary, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior finance experience/exposure required.
- Foreign language ability is a plus.
- Prior film industry experience a plus.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.