Summary of Position:
Pop is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic Public Relations assistant who is passionate about entertainment and pop culture with a strong desire to learn the field of Communications/PR. The optimal candidate is a quick-study and eager to learn the business with strong communication and presentation skills. The Assistant will interact with every department at the company, including senior executives as well as with network talent. Must be forward-thinking and organized with a strong work ethic. Occasional weekend and evening work hours will be required.
- Monitor industry and company news on a daily basis, and prepare tracking reports
- Post news and photos to Pop TV’s press web site
- Track vendor invoices and expenses for the department budget
- Assist at network’s press events, including publicity support on red carpets and press tours
- Support press release distribution via media database management and coordination with CBS Communications
- Assist with creation of tune-in advisories and media alerts
- Prepare and update the department’s calendar by tracking publicity dates, editorial opportunities and industry events
- Assist with project coordination working with internal departments, including creative/marketing, ad sales, programming, scheduling and legal
- Arrange travel for EVP and for Pop TV’s talent
- Answer phones, schedule meetings and prepare expense reports for the EVP
Experience & Skills:
- 1-2 years as an assistant in entertainment industry, and/or B.A. in relevant field with multiple PR-related internships.
Pop is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.