Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is seeking an energetic self-starter for the position of Manager of Accounting for Lionsgate’s growing stable of SVOD channels, Pantaya and LOL by Kevin Hart. The Manager of Accounting will be based in Santa Monica, CA and will join a three person finance team. The role will report to the SVOD group’s EVP & GM, LG OTT Ventures.
The Manager’s chief responsibility will be handling the accounting function for two of Lionsgate’s SVOD channels, including assisting with the monthly and quarterly close process, ensuring the accurate recording of expenses, liaising with Lionsgate’s corporate accounting team, helping establish accounting policies and working on special projects with the General Managers of each of the SVOD channels. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated, excellent communicator who can work with minimal supervision and is comfortable interfacing with senior executives. This role will require a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude. The candidate must be comfortable juggling multiple priorities and projects. This is a great opportunity to develop a broad view of the entire accounting function and be involved in building an exciting new business.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager of Finance and Accounting, perform the month-end/quarterly closes, including revenue, accruals and miscellaneous journal entries.
- Be the primary liaison with the Accounts Payable group
- Be the primary liaison with LG’s Participations group for original content.
- Help build common financial processes and procedures across the SVOD group
- Provide day-to-day finance support for the SVOD teams
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 5-7 years of accounting/finance experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Prior experience at a technology or media company preferred
- Experience with SAP strongly preferred
- Voracious and eager learner; you always want to know “why”
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
- History of building positive working relationships with a variety of personality types
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.