Summary of Position:
Laugh Out Loud is a comedy brand and multi-platform network founded by the world's top comedian Kevin Hart, in partnership with Lionsgate. Through his streaming video service Hart delivers his vision for the future of comedy: social, mobile, multicultural and seriously funny. From stand-up legends to globally-recognized digital influencers, Hart and LOL curate comedy's boldest voices to produce original scripted and unscripted series, stand-up specials, live broadcasts and special events. Hart brings the groundbreaking social-first strategy that earned him 100 million+ followers to Laugh Out Loud, with one core mission: keep the world laughing. Dope Comedy. Delivered Daily. Always On. Always Loud.
Laugh Out Loud is seeking a VP, Sales and Marketing executive with a proven ability to build brands, tell stories and drive sales for a content-driven digital business.
Brand Partnerships & Ad Sales
- Lead the generation of at least $6MM in 2018 for the LOL business via ad sales and brand partnerships by leveraging existing client/agency network and managing a roster of internal and external sellers
- Oversee the ideation, packaging, pricing, development, implementation and post-execution evaluation of direct ad sales and brand partnership programs Laugh Out Loud across all platforms.
- Manage sales activities and pipeline, while providing ongoing visibility to executive team
- Demonstrate category thought leadership by maintaining and sharing knowledge of branded content, influencer marketing and social media distribution best practices.
- Integrate advertisers and brands into LOL’s programming
- Work with LOL’s product team to drive our advertising product roadmap.
- Work with LOL’s social media & audience development teams to develop distribution plans for branded content initiatives.
Brand Strategy & Content Marketing
- Help define and refine the LOL brand, driving creative excellence at every touch-point.
- Lead strategy, execution and management of creative marketing campaigns for all LOL IP (Series, Films, events) strategic partnerships
- Manage LOL’ relationship with creative & publicity agencies.
- Work closely with LOL audience development and product teams to identify, reach and convert audiences for our various initiatives.
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in ad sales brand strategy and/or integrated marketing - preferably at a digital publisher
- Bachelor’s degree in design, marketing, business, communications, or another related field
- Native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social & video
- Must have a strong sense of humor and passion for comedy and pop culture - Multicultural marketing and/or content experience, strongly preferred
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.