Summary of Position:
Reporting to VP of National Sales, the Director of West Coast Ad Sales will be responsible for selling Pop specials and programming offerings to national advertisers in the Los Angeles and West Coast territory.
- Build awareness of the Network's programming and sponsorship offerings
- Sell Pop to advertising agencies and clients
- Build and leverage senior-level client relationships to create strong, productive advertising partnerships
- Maintain and develop new business with clients and agencies
- Implement sales strategies for the market that ensure attainment of office sales goals
- Train, manage, and mentor West Coast Sales team, which includes an Account Executive, Planner, and Coordinator
- Create and conduct proposal presentations to agencies and clients and assist Account Executives in preparation of their proposals and presentations
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed for sales efforts
- Work effectively cross-functionally within Pop to accomplish marketing objectives and corporate goals
- Report on sales activity and collaborate on forecasting with senior sales team
- Be proactive, think out of the box, utilize resources and take advantage of opportunities to maximize ad revenue
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressive experience in national cable television advertising sales
- Demonstrated track record to meet and exceed established sales goals
- Experience effectively managing a team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High-level client (movie studios) and agency relationships in LA and all of Western Region highly preferred.
- Possess solid understanding of ad sales with comprehensive knowledge of cable network operations
- Strong understanding of the West Coast market as it relates to the entertainment, technology, electronics and automotive markets is highly desired
- Excellent presentation and management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, strong work ethic
- Intelligent strategic thinker
Pop is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.