Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Director, National Publicity who will report to the Vice President, National Publicity as well as work alongside the Vice President, National Publicity to assist in developing and implementing comprehensive publicity campaigns to promote Lionsgate theatrical releases.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as main studio contact for all talent and talent representatives on theatrical publicity campaigns
- Pitch campaign activities and press opportunities to talent and assist with executing each confirmed interview by the outlet’s deadline
- Work closely with Digital, Field and Creative teams and act as talent liaison for each discipline, distributing requests and securing approvals as needed
- Arrange scheduling, travel, grooming, and security for all talent press activities and oversee creation of all talent schedules with Theatrical Publicity Assistant, ensuring all information is accurate and current
- Provide talent and talent representatives with guidance on publicity strategy and create talking points for press appearances, coaching talent to tailor messaging for each media outlet to maximize campaign value
- Evaluate demographics of a diverse film slate with Theatrical Publicity team and strategize messaging points and press pitches for each film
- Escort talent to all campaign appearances including talk show appearances, press junkets, Premieres, PA Tours, film festivals and conventions, Award Shows, editorial and creative shoots, and set visits. Must proactively anticipate talent needs during all appearances while managing press concepts, occasionally having to intervene and keep talent on message or manage inappropriate press conduct.
- Pitch film, talent and film assets to national broadcast shows [entertainment & talk shows] and national print publications, and subsequently negotiate extent of press coverage
- Oversee on-set press requests with Unit Publicist and manage all filmmaker, executive and talent approvals
- Share campaign highlights with executives and filmmakers
- Assist in maintaining key campaign documents, including Film Timelines, Broadcast Calendars, Production notes and Highlights Reports
- Negotiate hair, makeup and styling rates and oversee talent budget.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a marketing and/or publicity capacity
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related degree
- Willingness to work overtime and be flexible with hours.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deal with deadline pressure.
- Strong work ethic.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.