Summary of Position:
Summary of Position:
The Analyst, Strategic Planning & Operations’ primary responsibility is financial reporting, planning and analysis for Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group. Primary responsibilities include digging deep into data, performing industry and competitor analysis and tracking film performance both on an ultimate basis and year-over-year. A successful candidate will have the aptitude to tackle multiple projects, problem-solve and efficiently execute a variety of deliverables.
- Updating, preparing and investigating variances to actual reporting, evaluating comparable titles and trends in performance.
- Gather and analyze significant amounts of information from the various operating divisions of the Company for use in the 3 year strategic plan
- Gather ultimates from Motion Picture Group on all unreleased theatrical titles and from the various departments for released pictures
- Review and compare actual results with forecast estimates, preparing appropriate variance explanations thereon and highlighting issues for senior management
- Create and monitor detailed film forecasts of revenue and costs across several distribution markets, identifying and analyzing key business trends.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly senior management and quarterly Board of Directors reporting
- Contribute to a variety of ad-hoc financial analyses related to new business development projects.
- Interface with Accounting Group during quarterly resets to support quarter close
Experience & Skills:
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or Mathematics
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience, preferably in financial modeling and Entertainment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visual Basic; and BPC experience a plus
- Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables
- Strong work ethic, high sense of urgency and ability to work extended hours
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Perfect fit for someone looking for 2-3 years of experience before moving on to business or graduate school
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.