Summary of Position:
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) is a vertically integrated next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, premium pay television networks, home entertainment, global distribution and sales, interactive ventures and games and location-based entertainment. The Company’s film and television portfolio includes the global box office phenomenon La La Land, which won six Academy Awards®, blockbuster film franchises including The Hunger Games franchise, Now You See Me and John Wick film series as well as the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, the fan favorite Nashville, the breakout success Greenleaf and hit STARZ series including Outlander, Black Sails and Power.
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs in its Acquisitions and Co-Productions team which will report to the EVP, Business & Legal Affairs.
- Structure, negotiate and draft complex acquisition, co-production, co-finance, output and first-look agreements for distribution by the studio and related distribution labels for feature film, television and digital content.
- Work with strategic business and planning, marketing, delivery and rights management executives to successfully exploit content.
- Performing other day-to-day business affairs-related and legal tasks as needed and assigned by the department head.
- Provide advice and counsel on a variety of legal and business affairs matters.
Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of copyright, entertainment law, entertainment transactions, film financing, security interests and participations and strong relationships within the industry.
- An ability to defend, articulate and structure industry-specific definitions, e.g., backend definitions.
- The ability to reason, apply logic, make autonomous, common sense decisions and work with strict deadlines, heavy volume and all the while managing to make accurate legal assessments, be highly efficient and organized.
- In-depth knowledge concerning intellectual property law.
- Impeccable skills as a draftsperson.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Track record of sound business and legal judgment.
- J.D. and approximately 12 -15 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience with a focus on acquiring distribution rights are required.
- California Bar membership is required.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.