Career Opportunities: Specialist, Purchasing (14601)
Req Id 14601 - Posted 06/26/2018 - Employment - California
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Specialist to handle all aspects of Home Entertainment procurement (Packaged Media) for Lionsgate and partner titles.
- Quotation of printed elements for all products
- Placement of purchase orders for printed components
- Component and Corrugate Supplier management
- Invoice and Goods Receipt reconciliation
- Manage Specialty Packaging projects with manufacturing
- Coordinator between Creative and Vendors for ideas
- Analyze costs/order quantities with Marketing for budgets
- Testing for compliance and manufacturing issues
- Track film due dates/timing on Release Schedule
- Assist with GWP testing, record certificates, maintain files w/samples and records
- Ordering of any other printed materials as needed – GWPs, posters, flyers, mini posters, etc.
- Maintenance and entry for Digital Code site
- Quotation and procurement of all corrugate/permanent fixtures
- Reporting (Monthly, weekly and ad hoc)
Experience & Skills:
- The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work as an integral part of a team with excellent interpersonal, analytical and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates should have 1-3 years’ of buying/planning experience in a dynamic environment
- Candidates must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and have strong analytical skills
- College degree strongly preferred
- Demand Planning/Procurement experience with SAP is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office required, specifically experience in creating detailed spreadsheets using Excel
- High degree of professionalism in working with internal/external departments & vendors
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.