Career Opportunities: Manager, Content Operations & Strategy (14681)
Req Id 14681 - Posted 07/02/2018 - Employment - California
Summary of Position:
The Manager Content Operations & Strategy will liaise with all segments of business including Sales, Marketing, Product Fulfillment, Finance, Information Technology and Legal. In the course of day to day activity, he/she will manage strategic 3rd party vendor relationships to enable distribution of digital and physical goods, coordinate efforts to post-mortem digital releases for merchandising and availability, orchestrate centralized order processing, marshal timely title worldwide avails and architect advancements in Lionsgate’s supply chain process and communication.
- Oversee daily operations relating to the availability of content to transactional digital retail partners, and fulfillment of assets to said partners both domestic and international.
- Liaise with subscription and advertising-based licensing team to fulfill assets and metadata for growing SVOD, AVOD partners
- Manage the Lionsgate catalog with respect to e-copy initiatives, including adherence to code generation timing for packaged media distribution and facilitating valid redemption on retailer platforms.
- Apply contractual terms, pricing policies, revenue models and various business structures to operational supply chain for continuous process efficiency
- Timeline management of Home Entertainment and Television supply chain initiatives, from varying grantors and distribution libraries, including title re-releases
- Learn and leverage title windows and right management holdbacks across all worldwide distribution mediums to maximize revenue earned from releases
- Oversee the financial reconciliation review process with internal audit for partner audits and Lionsgate financial control.
- Track, analyze and communicate key quantitative and qualitative metrics – and apply lessons learned from the metrics in Lionsgate’s business
- Create and apply tracking mechanisms to ensure delivery of all digital assets, metadata and other materials as needed
- Successfully engage with varying levels of management at Lionsgate, retail partners, 3rd party vendors and industry as a whole
- Manage special projects and/or other duties as assigned
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in content distribution operations within the entertainment industry required (film/TV preferred)
- Cable, satellite, digital/OTT and non-theatrical experience/relationships strongly preferred
- Exceptional business acumen, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong analytical mindset and comfort with Microsoft Office suite of products; Excel (including macros, formulas and pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Self-Starter that thrives in a collaborative environment with competing deadlines, able to apply logic and critical reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to quickly toggle between digital supply chain projects of varying scope and magnitude, using strong analytical skills to address business challenges
- Genuine interest in digital, mobile, cable, cloud technology and the changing landscape of media
- Track record of effectively mentoring, managing and evaluating direct reports
- MBA strongly preferred