Summary of Position:
The Director, Retail Marketing for Lionsgate’s Home Entertainment will focus on driving additional revenue and market share growth through strong partnerships with packaged retail accounts that create opportunities for additional promotion of new release and catalog. They will work closely with brand marketing, sales, creative services, operations, public relations and outside vendors to develop and execute account specific strategies and promotions. The Director of Retail Marketing will conceive and execute promotional strategies for all releases, across designated retailers, within this product vertical.
- Work with Sales Team to identify and maximize planogram & promotional opportunities and grow revenues with a focus on key accounts.
- Lead the development and execution of retail promotions & retail specific products for planogram. This includes overseeing all aspects of execution and coordination including pricing strategy, premium sourcing, movie cash, special packaging etc.
- Identify account specific promotion opportunities for new release and catalog titles.
- Lead Sales & Marketing in preparation for account meetings.
- Attend account meetings & reset planning meetings, document key takeaways, draft meeting recap and distribute to Sales/Marketing teams.
- Follow up on key opportunities, develop plans, and work with Manager(s) to execute.
- Ensure key placement, higher frequent of customer awareness and sell through of products via creation of account specific point of purchase material.
- Summarize and Recap key account promotions and accomplishments. Keep an annualized calendar for major accounts for planning future promotions.
- Work closely with brand marketing to ensure that all account specific programs are aligned with overall brand vision and strategic positioning
- Attend bi-weekly Marketing meetings as well as weekly sales team meetings to effectively understand priorities and initiatives and communicate strategy back and forth.
- Provide agenda items specific to communicating Retail Marketing – including communication on timelines, meeting dates, strategy change and performance.
- Discuss future account planning as it relates to key title strategies.
- Communicate Brand initiatives and priorities to Sales and accounts.
- Oversee projects as it relates to key account base including Key title recaps, Store checks, Post mortems, Weekly Ad review & reporting, Ad hoc reporting and projects as needed
Experience & Skills:
- 6+ years of experience working in Retail Marketing or Marketing related field, specifically within a Home Entertainment environment. Studio level experience preferred; and/or training; and or/ a combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Passionate, energetic individual who has demonstrated knowledge of keeping up with fast-paced retail environment.
- Project management with attention to detail, highly organized, imaginative with ability to articulate concepts.
- Experience collaborating with internal teams such as Brand Marketing, Sales Planning, Creative Services and Operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving initiatives, decision- making, analytical, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Possess highly creative and innovative capabilities.
- Ability to present to business partners and upper level management.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Excel Word & PowerPoint
- Travel required.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.